How do you create a blog to share your expertise, attract potential customers and establish yourself as a source of knowledge on? Writing good copy is only one part of that. In this article we’ll show you which steps to follow to blogging success.
Writing haphazardly? Preferably not
At Vuurwerk we have helped countless clients publish engaging, informative and attractive content. That’s something you can’t do by writing without a plan. First, you’ll have to consider your strategy, the publication schedule, and how to get Google to find your articles in the first place. Before you begin, read the following steps to get off to a great start.
- Goals and strategy. Start by defining clear goals for your blog. What do you want to achieve with your content? More traffic for your website, generating leads or positioning your brand as an authority in some field? Once that is done, develop a strategy that fits these goals.
- Content calendar. Create a content calendar to plan topics and dates ahead of time. This helps maintain consistency and makes it easier to have your content coincide with seasonal trends, holidays and events. We use online tools like Coosto for this, which offer great overviews and enable fast growth.
- Your team and means. Decide who will be responsible for writing, editing and publishing the blog posts. This could be a team of professional writers, existing employees with the right skills or a combination of both. Before you make this choice, visit the article we wrote on this very subject!
- Research and keywords. Do some research to find out what your target audience is looking for online. Use tools to analyze keywords to filter relevant queries, which you can then use in your articles to increase visibility in search engines like Google and DuckDuckGo.
- Quality over quantity. It is important to write valuable, informative, well-written blog posts. Depth and quality are important, even if this means you publish less often than if you were to write more superficial content.
- Promotion and distribution. After publishing an article, promote it on social media, through e-mails and other channels. Share it with existing customers and encourage them to spread it even further.
- Analyze and optimize. Use the right digital tools to track your blog posts’ statistics. Which of your articles generate the most traffic, leads or conversions? Adjust your strategy based on these insights.
The next step is Vuurwerk
This roadmap will hopefully help you on your way to an attractive blog for your corporate site. Would you like our assistance in setting up and developing your marketing strategy? We are ready to help you out!